-
June 22nd, 2005, 01:34 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I don't know exactly what to think? I think that they should have made Elizabeth's dress a liitle more like Felicity's Rose Garden Dress than her Christmas dres[to me they look alike]I adore Felicty's Rose Garden Dress, and the least they could have done is something yellow for Elizabeth. But don't get me wrong, I love Elizabeth to pieces and will buy her, but I don't think Felicty's Rose Garden Dress should be changed at ALL!
P.S.Felicity is sold out and usually there's a date for the return, but there's none for Felicity?
-
June 22nd, 2005, 01:43 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Is it then possible that Felicity is sold out because that is all they have left in the "original Outfit"? Perhaps they are re-introducing her in something else and when they get more in, that is what she will be wearing?
Gret
-
June 22nd, 2005, 01:49 PM
#3
Inactive Member
That was my thinking too, Gret. I'm betting, however, that it might not be her Travelling Gown. I know a lot of info seems to point that way, but I would think they would have pulled the dress from the website at this point if that was the case. I'm looking forward to it with a mix of anticipation and of course, dread.
-
June 22nd, 2005, 02:01 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I LOVE Felicity's Rose Garden Dress, and I'm disappointed that AG would change her meet dress; but if they have to change it, I would hope that it would be a completely new outfit, not just her traveling dress. (It's not one of my favorites.) A new outfit would be much more exiting. And I hope the Rose Garden Dress will still be available.
I'm also disappointed in Elizabeth's meet dress--it looks EXACTLY like Felicity's Christmas dress in pink, to me. I think something new in yellow or a nice yellow-gold would be very pretty.
Also, I thought children of that era were dressed in more subdued colors, as young ladies were discouraged from attracting undue attention to themselves, and from being too vain of their appearance. A bright pink, even for a wealthy gentleman's daughter, just doesn't "jell" very well for me. Not quite "ladylike", I guess.
You'd think AG could could bestir itself (themselves?) to do a little historical research and unearth some new clothing designs, instead of just recycling what they already have out. [img]frown.gif[/img]
-
June 22nd, 2005, 02:04 PM
#5
rolloverrover
Guest
I hope this doesn't mean we have to buy a new Felicity doll in order to get her new meet dress! I would be a little ticked if they reintroduce her wearing a different dress!! [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
-
June 22nd, 2005, 02:21 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Could it also be that they will reintroduce her as the original version with redder hair? Just a thought, but if they are making a "transformation", this would really make sense. I honestly do not feel that they will be reintrucing her in one of her garments already available. I think it is going to be something completely brand new that we have not seen. It would not make sense to have her "meet outfit" now be her traveling gown or some other, when those are already available! I think that they will bring her out in something completely new, and I have a hunch that she will look a little different in some way to encourage those of us who already have her to buy a new one! :-) I think that she is going to appear more like the MOVIE character and will possbly have redder hair?.
Gret
-
June 22nd, 2005, 02:34 PM
#7
rolloverrover
Guest
I would be really ticked if they reintroduce her with a new outfit and a changed appearance, be it hair or eyes or some such. Personally, I am not going to have two Felicitys, and I'm certainly not getting rid of the doll that I now have. I can't imagine I'm the only one who would be upset by this.
I am a little suspicious as to why Felicity is currently sold out on the web site. Is she supposed to make her grand reentrance before Elizabeth makes her grand entrance?
Is there anyone out there who can find out what exactly is going on with Felicity?
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 22, 2005 11:36 AM: Message edited by: AGNan ]</font>
-
June 22nd, 2005, 04:29 PM
#8
chrstnwmn7
Guest
I don't like it myself...unless it was her work outfit. But even then...I'd have to say no. I am a purist when it comes to this stuff. I sold my old Felicity because I wanted the vinyl to match the Elizabeth doll. Am I nuts or what!!! Hee Hee! I am particular like that sometimes. But, I don't want Felicity to have a new outfit.
I also had a thought on why they didn't make Elizabeth look like the original one. If she has the face mold I have seen, then she would look just like a Marisol doll with a lighter skin tone and/or Josefina. That just came to me the other day when I was working here at home. So, maybe that is the ultimate reason for such a drastic change in her appearance.
-
June 22nd, 2005, 04:43 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Where did this speculation of a new Felicity Meet outfit come from? Did someone get the inside scoop from a PS or something? Or was it started because of the new book covers? If it was started because of the new Meet Felicity cover, we should remember that the new Meet Molly book has her dressed in her Hula outfit, but they didn't start selling Molly with the Hula as her meet outfit. So hopefully Felicity's outfit won't be changing either.
The 'sold out' status on some of the doll variations is caused because they are changing over to the new book covers. The books are originally packaged by the manufacturer with the dolls, not added after when the order is placed. All the old stock must be sold before they can start selling the new stock - the dolls with the new book covers. The same thing has happened with all the other dolls as their covers have been changed, it probably just hadn't been so prevalent in your mind as it is with Felicity because of the movie release and all the rumors. I remember specifically several of Josefina doll variations became sold out at Christmas time because it was around that time AG was switching book covers.
-
June 22nd, 2005, 05:32 PM
#10
HB Forum Owner
I hope they do not change Felicity's meet dress just because of the new movie. They didn't change Samantha's meet dress when her movie was introduced. I love the Rose Garden Dress.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks